Batelco launches online movies, TV service
Manama, November 4, 2012
Batelco, a leading telecom provider in Bahrain, has launched an online video service offering a selection of movies and TV programmes that can be watched on any device in the kingdom.
Batelco Play is available to anyone who has an internet connection starting from 256Kbps, regardless of which Internet Services Provider (ISP) they are using and regardless of the technology used.
The innovative new service can be accessed through smart phones, iPads, Tablets, Laptops & PCs.
The service is quick and easy to apply and customers will receive confirmation by email / SMS instantly, a statement said.
Batelco is the first in the region to facilitate such online account creation, it added.
The service features a big movie/video library with more than 200 well known international and Arabic movies and popular series plus a great choice of popular programmes from several leading TV channels.
Batelco Play also includes a wide selection of the latest movies on a pay-per-view basis starting from BD0.8 ($2.09) only.
As all the programme content of the exciting service is hosted locally, it uses very little download threshold while the viewing quality is excellent with no buffering problems.
“Batelco continuously strives to deliver pioneering and innovative services, and this time it’s not just for its customers but for any internet customers in Bahrain,” said Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi.
“Additionally, plans are in development to enhance the range of choices offered under the Batelco Play service and we hope to announce exciting new additions in the near future,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim plans cinema expansion
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends