DBWC president wins top Forbes award
Dubai, November 6, 2012
Dubai Business Women Council (DBWC) president Raja Al Gurg has received the ‘Most Influential Arab Woman in Family Business’ award during the Forbes Middle East CEOs Forum held in Dubai recently.
The awards ceremony was hosted in celebration of the exceptional achievements of outstanding CEOs and distinguished leaders from diverse sectors, including some of the Mena region’s most influential women.
“It is certainly an honour for me to receive this award from Forbes Middle East, and I am glad that I have been able to influence other women in the region to realise their entrepreneurship dreams,” Al Gurg said.
“An increasing number of women in the Mena region are demonstrating their business acumen and proving their ability as highly capable entrepreneurs, while at the same time efficiently managing their family commitments.
“I would like to dedicate this award to all women in the region who have made a positive contribution to the socioeconomic development of the Arab world,” she added.
Founded in 2002, DBWC motivates women to be productive members of the society, while encouraging role models to rise up from the ranks and inspire other women around the world, especially in the Arab region, to discover their true potential. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand