PizzaExpress launches membership card
Dubai, November 6, 2012
PizzaExpress has launched its novel cashless membership card in the UAE besides introducing new designs, uniforms and additions to the menu in the UAE as part of its new expansion strategy.
The new membership card is available to all customers for Dh199 ($54) and it comes with Dh50 credit already charged which can be redeemed at any PizzaExpress restaurant in the UAE.
Speaking at the launch, Neil Wickers, the managing director of PizzaExpress International (London) said, "PizzaExpress are moving with the times implementing the concept of Stripeology. The concept of Stripeology derived from the founder Peter Boizot who visited Italy in 1948 where he saw Pizzaiolos dressed in striped shirts tossing Pizza dough high into the air, inspiring the new look."
In parallel to the transformation strategy, PizzaExpress has again gone the extra mile by introducing the new cashless PizzaExpress Membership card, said Wickers during the membership card launch at the PizzaExpress in Jumeirah.
"Besides we are introducing new designs, new uniforms, new additions to the menu, open plan kitchens and a big push to reduce the noise levels with the introduction of the sound absorbent rafters," he added.
“We are pleased that Neil joined us at the PizzaExpress launch event. We are really excited about all the new changes that are being rolled out. We would like to take this opportunity to give back and thank our PizzaExpress fans," remarked Anand Radia, the managing director.
"I was delighted to see that we sold our first two membership cards 10 minutes of the launch event. The impact of the membership card coupled with the transformation will take PizzaExpress UAE to an all together different level," he added.
Nishat H Bandali, the business development director (UAE) said, "Our core values revolve around our passion for customers’ experience, producing beautiful fresh food, ambiance and dynamic restaurant designs. We are really excited to see our brand and the new membership campaign evolve in the next 12 months.”
"The reason behind launching the membership card derived from the SMS campaign that went out in recent months that offered any Pizza, Pasta or Salad at Dh25. Total 30,000 SMS' went out and over 100,000 people availed the offer," explained Bandali.
"Now PizzaExpress are giving something back to their most loyal brand fans, with the launch of the PizzaExpress membership card," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal