Batelco sponsors top sports event in Bahrain
Manama, December 4, 2012
Batelco, a leading telecom operator in Bahrain, recently sponsored the International Festival of Sports for All, organised by the International Sport for All Federation.
The major sporting event, under the patronage of Shaikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa, was held at Khalifa Sports City and Bahrain International Circuit among a few other locations.
The International Festival of Sports for All featured a wide variety of sports including football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis and 3km walks. Participants from over 25 countries took part in the major event.
Batelco Group chief executive Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa presented the sponsorship cheque to president of the International Sport for All Federation Isa Abdulrahim, during a recent meeting held at Batelco headquarters in Hamala.
“By providing such opportunities to participate and compete, we give our talented young Bahraini’s the chance to develop their sporting skills by competing against international sports men and women,” Shaikh Mohamed said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Bahrainis set to create floral design record
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra