3 Doors Down to perform in Dubai
Dubai, December 5, 2012
American pop rock band 3 Doors Down will be among the four headline acts at the forthcoming Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival.
The group is set to perform on February 15, 2013 at Festival Park, Dubai Festival City, said festival organisers Chillout Productions.
“With Deep Purple and 3 Doors Down playing at this year’s festival, fans will savour the presence of Grammy award-winning performers that have earned their respect throughout many years. Countless of their tunes are engraved in international pop culture,” said Anthony Younes, CEO at Chillout Production.
He added: “The two remaining headline acts will be as exciting and we invite all music lovers from across the GCC to come and witness this amazing musical showdown.”
The band recently confirmed the release of a Greatest Hits album, which includes three new tracks along with remix and re-mastered versions of their leading titles, Kryptonite, Here Without You and When I’m Gone. This album celebrates their extraordinary career and list of hits in the past decade.
“3 Doors Down were launched in 1995 in a small Mississippi town and developed as leading musicians and songwriters. In 2000, their first studio album ‘The Better Life’ sold over 6 million records. Since then, they have been regarded as pioneers in the rock genre with numerous platinum albums and an endless list of awards. Their lyrics constantly manage to touch their fans hearts and minds,” reiterated Younes.
The current band consists of Brad Arnold on vocals, Chris Henderson on rhythm guitar, Todd Harrell on bass guitar, Greg Upchurch on drums & percussion and Chet Roberts on lead guitar.
“Their international acclaim is also a result of a humanitarian institute they founded in 2003, ‘The Better Life Foundation’, which gives back to communities by assisting needy children. Through their foundation, 3 Doors Down launched a series of annual charity concerts where renowned artists such as Lynyrd Skynyrd, Switchfoot, Staind, Alter Bridge and many others have performed,” said Younes.
The Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival 2013 is set to take place from February 14 to 22. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Dubai Jazz Festival |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon