The Script to headline Dubai Jazz Festival
Dubai, December 18, 2012
Chillout Productions has confirmed that Irish Alternative Rock trio, The Script, will be amongst the leading acts at the 11th edition of the Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival.
Other headliners at the festival include legendary rock band Deep Purple, 3 Doors Down and OneRepublic.
The event runs from February 14 to 22, 2013 at Festival Park, Dubai Festival City in association with Dubai Calendar.
“Our association with Dubai Calendar is in line with its vision to promote Dubai as a unique, global shopping and tourism destination. The Dubai Jazz Festival has grown during the past 10-years to an iconic event, and since its launch in 2003 has done much to the development of the arts and cultural scene in Dubai. It has become a calendar event attended by over 250,000 music fans, collecting 11 awards in 10 years,” said Anthony Younes, CEO of Chillout Productions.
“This year’s festival will feature one of the region’s most diverse musical showdowns, while luring music lovers from all across the Middle East. The band has a history of countless hits on the UK, US and Irish charts, as well in the UAE charts,” he said. “We are pleased to welcome them to one of the finest music festivals in the region which hosted some of the world’s greatest musicians over a period of 10 years.”
Laila Mohd Suhail, CEO Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment, said: “Since its inception over a decade ago, Dubai Jazz Festival has attracted a diverse selection of top international acts which is a tribute to both the local musical scene and to the city’s stature as a global destination for events and festivals.”
“We are excited that the Dubai Calendar is associated with the 2013 festival and are looking forward to sharing some great tunes with the local community and visitors alike.”
The Script are renowned for their self-titled debut album, which went platinum in Australia, 5x platinum in Ireland and 2x platinum in the UK. The band has performed with the likes of U2, Take That and Paul McCartney.
Their music was also featured on some of the globe’s most popular television programmes such as 90210, Ghost Whisperer, The Hills, Waterloo Road, EastEnders, Made in Chelsea and The Vampire Diaries.
The Irish trio consists of lead singer Danny O’Donoghue, Mark Sheehan on guitar and Glen Joseph on drums. At the festival, the band will be playing many of their hit singles, including ‘The Hall Of Fame’, ‘Man Who Can’t Be Moved’, ‘Breakeven’, ‘For the First Time and Nothing’.
In 2008, the band was honoured as the ‘Best Selling Irish Act’ at the World Music Awards, while in 2009 and 2010, the Script was recognised for ‘Best Irish Band’, ‘Best Live Performance’ and ‘Best Album’ at the Meteor Ireland Music Awards.
The European Border Breakers Awards also provided them with an award as one of the ten successful emerging artists/groups who reached audiences outside their own countries.
This year, the band released their third studio album entitled #3. Two weeks after its release, the album’s lead single became the band’s first UK #1 hit. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs