Du joins 'Thank You' initiative
Dubai, January 3, 2013
UAE's telecom company Du has announced the launch of a number of initiatives to support the ‘Thank You’ campaign launched by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
Sheikh Mohammed has recently announced that his Accession Day celebrations be dedicated to thanking and honouring domestic workers, janitors, public transportation drivers, construction workers and office support workers.
An external initiative will see du organising an open air extravaganza with screening of the Hindi blockbuster ‘Dabangg’ followed by popular music videos at the Sonapur labour camp, on January 4 from 6:00 pm-10:30pm, a statement said.
There will be exciting giveaways at the ‘alo’ outlet in Sonapur with popcorn and refreshments available for everyone. du also opened the floor for its employees and the wider public to be part of the event. Volunteers interested in supporting du’s initiative on January 4 may write in to firstname.lastname@example.org or respond on du’s Twitter handle @dutweets.
Additionally, du is running an internal campaign to appreciate and celebrate the company’s support staff, which comprises office assistants and facilities teams.
“We are inspired by this noble and generous gesture from HH Sheikh Mohammed, and with the support of our employees and volunteers we are proud to participate in the ‘Thank You’ campaign. We ahave planned a fun-filled evening for residents of Sonapur labour camp through entertainment activities to express our gratitude and appreciation for their contribution to make the UAE the best place to live in. I am confident that the generosity of our du family will shine through to make this a memorable initiative for all involved,” said Hala Badri, executive vice president, Brand and Communications, du.
In the past, keeping in mind the needs of the large expatriate labour workforce, The Permanent Committee of Labour Affairs in Dubai and du launched ‘alo’, a unique customised Pay as you Go mobile service, specially developed for this segment in the UAE offering advantages of zero upfront or renewal fees and calling benefits.
The ‘alo’ line also serves as a communication link between the labour committee and workforce, allowing them to keep in touch with them by providing them with labour notifications, changes in labour laws, labour news etc via SMS on their ‘alo’ line, the statement said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal