UK pop singer to entertain at Doha Gulf Club
Doha, January 3, 2013
British pop singer Natasha Bedingfield will play a full concert at Doha Golf Club on January 25 as part of the entertainment at the 2013 Commercial Bank Qatar Masters golf tournament.
Tournament organisers the Qatar Golf Association (QGA), Qatar Olympic Committee (QOC) and Commercial Bank of Qatar have announced that it will play host to a number of international music stars, who will perform live weekend shows in the Public Village at Doha Golf Club following the end of play on January 25 and 26.
Grammy nominated Bedingfield has sold over two million albums worldwide and was the first British female solo artist in almost 20 years to have a number one single in the US, with her huge hit, Unwritten.
Bedingfield, who is based in London and LA, will be followed by Dublin band the Stars From The Commitments, who will perform following the Championship trophy presentation on January 26.
The Irish collective will perform a string of soul hits such as Try A Little Tenderness, Mustang Sally and Chain of Fools.
Distinctive blues band Congo Faith Healers and popular party group Madhen will also perform on January 25 and 26 respectively.
Hassan Al Nuaimi, president of the Qatar Golf Association, said: “Each year we aim to provide a world-class experience for spectators at the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters. We are delighted to offer such a strong line-up of entertainment in the Public Village, providing a great experience for audiences long after the day of golf play has finished.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award