EK Kanoo wins big in national contest
Manama, January 7, 2013
Ebrahim K Kanoo (EK Kanoo), the sole distributor of Toyota and Lexus in Bahrain, won the top three places in the first National Skills Competition organised in the kingdom.
The event was inaugurated by Education Minister Dr Majid bin Ali Al Nuaimi and hosted by Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Institute of Technology with the participation of 82 contestants from public and private sectors and an arbitration panel of 66 experts.
Projects were categorized into eight groups in welding, Web design, graphic design technology, mobile robots, cars, office applications, computer networks and electricity.
Hasan Saleh Sulaibeekh, Assistant Undersecretary for Human Resources at the Ministry of Education and Chairman of the National Committee of Skills Bahrain, recently announced the winners at the closing ceremony at Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Institute of Technology.
EK Kanoo’s contestants received the first three places in the cars category, where Sayed Ali Alawi earned the golden medal, and Ebrahim Nasser and Sayed Hussain Radhi received silver and bronze medals respectively.
Talal Fuad Kanoo, board member at EK Kanoo said: "We are delighted with the result of the first National Skills Competition, which reiterate the company’s continuous approach to support and develop the capabilities of the employees.”
"We are grateful to the Ministry of Education, Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Institute of Technology and Hasan Saleh Sulaibeekh for organising this competition which helps improving vocational competence and upgrading technical education in the Kingdom."
The winners of this competition will take part in the third GCC Skills Competition that will be held in Bahrain from March 8 to 17. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps