Bapco supports Bahrain autism centre
Manama, January 26, 2013
Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) made a significant donation to renovate the children’s playground at Al Wafa Centre for Autism, in order to better provide a safe, fun, and convenient environment for the children to play.
This come as part of Bapco's recently launched corporate social responsibility campaign aimed at supporting local charities and societies and make a positive difference in the lives of those in need.
Bapco chief executive Gordon Smith lauded the efforts of Al Wafa Centre in supporting children and families affected by Autism after presenting the donation to its chairperson Farida Al Moayed.
“The center is doing a commendable job by ensuring that autistic children are integrated with mainstream society with proper care and guidance from professionally qualified volunteers,” he stated.
“Through our contribution, we aim to translate our commitment to investing into the well-being of the children of Al Wafa Centre by providing them a much better and more suitable play environment while enabling them to develop vital play and social interaction skills,” he added.
Thanking Bapco for its continuous support, Farida Al Moayed, Al Wafa Centre chairperson, said its financial aid will help improve the quality of life of the children at the charitable organization.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Iran director's 'secret film' wins praise at Cannes
- Mubadala unit backs philanthropy group
- Manama named 'Capital of Arab Media'
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013