Jordan firm acquires mediaME
Amman, February 17, 2013
Jordan-based Reef for Software Development, the parent company of ShooFeeTV, has announced the acquisition of mediaME, the largest online community of advertising and media professionals in the Middle East, from MediaScope.
mediaME serves over18,000 registered members across the region, in addition to tens of thousands of monthly site visitors who are connected through its various platforms including mediaME.com,the mediaME weekly newsletter, the mediaME mobile application, the ME Forums and the Who’s Who series of publications.
This acquisition will facilitate mediaME’splans for growth and expansion throughout the region as it works to launch more regional events and publications, said the company in a statement.
Additionally, the mediaME.com is set to boost its reach with the launch of an Arabic versionin the near future, and plans to enhance user experience through a site and service redesign, it added.
Zeid Nasser, the founder of mediaME, said, "We are pleased with the synergies this merge brings to both the mediaME and ShooFeeTV brands, and we feel that the strength of Reef as a parent company will provide the platform we need for accelerated growth."
"The mediaME thanks its members, supporters and partners for facilitating its success over the years and we look forward to continuing to work together with all stakeholders in the expanding Middle East marketing communications industry, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Bahrainis set to create floral design record
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra