Top actress unveils Abu Dhabi wonders
Abu Dhabi, February 25, 2013
Egyptian actress Somaia El Khashab was recently in Abu Dhabi to film the major tourist hotspots of the UAE capital for her brand new TV programme ‘Somaia Wal Settat’ (Somaia and the ladies), which will be soon aired on Egypt’s Al Kahera Wal Nas channel.
The programme, which will be presented by Somaia, will feature her visits to major tourism destinations in Abu Dhabi in two episodes.
The popular star, who is no stranger to Abu Dhabi’s film festival scene, said her latest visit to the emirate has a different taste because she discovered a side of Abu Dhabi she hasn’t had the chance to experience before.
“I feel that I am seeing Abu Dhabi through new eyes, I have visited the emirate before during the Abu Dhabi Film Festival but now I feel like I am seeing it the proper way. I got to see and experience new things and to find out more about the emirate,” remarked the star.
The Abu Dhabi episodes will see Somaia visit various attractions including Emirates Palace, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, the stunning Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara in the Liwa desert, Yas Marina Circuit, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and the Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, Abu Dhabi by Anantara.
“I think the Abu Dhabi episode will be one of the best especially with the local authorities’ support in providing the necessary permits and assisting with location suggestions, which led to a smooth execution of our work,” said an excited Somaia.
During her Abu Dhabi stop, the actress had an adrenaline –fuelled visit to the Yas Marina Circuit F1 track where she got to ride in a YasSupersportSST.
“Yas Marina Circuit is a daring challenge which requires bravery, I chose to experience it because I love to drive and it’s not a challenge usually undertaken by a lot of women, but I just loved the thrill of it,” said Somaia recalling the experience.
The star’s Abu Dhabi visit had a culinary stop as well. Somaia had the chance to try her hand at preparing the traditional shark meat dish ‘Jesheed’ with Emirates Palace’s own Emirati executive chef Ali Salem Ebdowa.
“This was one of the most fun encounters we’ve had in Abu Dhabi!” said the top actress.
“In each country we visit, we meet a local culinary expert and prepare a traditional dish and Ali is one of the most charming chefs we’ve met so far. We’ve had a great time cooking and singing together,” stated Somaia.
“Attractions and hotels are amazing in Abu Dhabi, you feel that a great deal of thought and work has been invested to provide the most comfortable, enjoyable experience to visitors and residents possible,” she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps