Emirates partners with Lancashire cricket club
Dubai, February 28, 2013
Dubai-based Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines, has announced that it will be the official stadium naming rights partner of Lancashire County Cricket Club.
As part of the 10-year deal, Lancashire County Cricket Club’s home ground will be renamed Emirates Old Trafford and the Emirates brand will also appear on the front of the team’s Friends Life t20 playing kits. The new agreement also includes stadium branding and contains a number of marketing rights, which come into effect immediately.
The announcement extends Emirates global commitment to cricket, which includes its status as Official Worldwide Partner to the International Cricket Council (ICC), which includes the Cricket World Cup.
“This is an excellent opportunity to build upon Emirates’ commitment to cricket, a sport we have been associated with in the UK since 2002,” said Sir Maurice Flanagan, Emirates executive vice chairman Emirates Airline and Group.
“This association also highlights our continued investment in Manchester and the surrounding region, a hub which we see as vital to our operations in the UK and from which we operate three daily flights, including one of our flagship A380s.
“We’re hugely looking forward to supporting Lancashire cricket and its fans both here and abroad, in what is a further significant investment by Emirates to the region. Cricket at Lancashire County Cricket Club is of the highest quality, it has a global reach and has produced legends in the sport and we are proud to be lending our name to such incredible success.”
“This announcement represents another major step in the redevelopment of Old Trafford,” said Michael Cairns OBE, chairman of Lancashire County Cricket Club.
“The intention to secure a naming rights partner was always on our list of objectives; however, it remained paramount that we secure a partner who was actively committed to cricket and its future while at the same time had significant interests in Manchester and the North West.
“We could not have found a better and more suitable partner than Emirates. We are extremely proud to be associated with them and look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship.
“The financial benefits of this deal are a core component of our long-term strategy for commercial sustainability. The partnership will support our intention to be regarded as one of the top County Cricket Clubs in the country and undisputed as a Category A Test Match venue. We remain committed to providing the very best facilities for our members, players and spectators,” Cairns added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE