Radio Mirchi opens new studio in Dubai
Dubai, March 11, 2013
Radio Mirchi, a leading radio station catering to South Asian audience in the UAE, and recently voted as the “Best Radio Station” in the Masala Awards, has announced the opening of its new studio in Dubai.
One of India’s largest FM brand, Radio Mirchi is a joint venture between Abu Dhabi Media and Entertainment Network, a subsidiary of The Times of India Group.
The newly launched studio is located at the Concorde Towers, Media City, with a clear view of what the Emirate of Dubai is famous for – Palm Dubai, Burj Al Arab & Burj Khalifa, said a statement from Abu Dhabi Media.
The Dubai studio was inaugurated by Bollywood music composer trio, “Shankar, Ehsaan & Loy” who joined the Abu Dhabi Media and Radio Mirchi teams in the celebration.
The expansion for Radio Mirchi, positions the station as the only channel in the South Asian realm to possess multiple Studios in both the cities of Abu Dhabi & Dubai, it stated.
This strategy affords listeners across the UAE an opportunity to experience the tunes of Bollywood and enjoy a variety of promotional activations, it added.
Abdul Rahman Awadh Al Harthi, the executive director of the Abu Dhabi Radio Network said, “We continuously strive to serve the needs of all communities in the UAE as a media group. Keeping this in mind, Radio Mirchi was launched in last February as the first channel in the South Asian Space to offer three exclusive frequencies thus providing uninterrupted clarity across UAE."
"Now exactly after a year, it also becomes the only channel in the South Asian Space to have multiple studios in Abu Dhabi & Dubai," remarked Al Harthi.
Sandeep Sud, the head of the Radio Mirchi Station in the UAE, said this move strengthens the brand's positioning as the UAE’s leading radio station that engages with audiences in multiple cities.
"It also offers listeners across UAE an opportunity to meet with their favorite RJs or be a part of the everyday excitement as & when it happens. It could not have gotten any bigger or better for a Radio Station," added Sud.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps
- Many digital services in region ‘under-served’