Visa showcases World Cup trophy in Dubai
Dubai, April 1, 2013
Visa, the leading payment platform and an official FIFA Partner, on Monday showcased the '2014 FIFA World Cup Winners Trophy' in a full day event exclusive to the media, Visa partners and clients at the iconic Burj Khalifa.
During the event, the 2014 FIFA World Cup Winners Trophy was displayed on a podium offering all guests a special opportunity to have their pictures taken with the world’s most recognized sports trophy.
The event had a Brazilian carnival atmosphere featuring freestyle footballers, drummers and uniquely Brazilian entertainment for guests to enjoy.
Distinctive characteristics of the country’s passion for football and the Brazilian culture – including Samba dancers, Capoeira performers, freestyle footballers and the beat of Brazilian drums – combined in harmony to showcase every aspect of the host country at the unveiling ceremony.
“Visa continues to reinforce and strengthen its commitment towards sports and offers cardholders with memorable and valuable rewards in addition to providing the security and convenience of using their Visa cards,” remarked Marcello Baricordi, the general manager, Visa UAE.
“By bringing the 2014 Fifa Trophy to Dubai, Visa brings football fans in the UAE unprecedented benefits through its proud sponsorship with FIFA. Providing accountholders with exclusive access to these exciting opportunities and offers will help them enjoy and connect with the Middle East’s most beloved sport,” stated Baricordi.
Visa also hosted a football themed public event at the Dubai Mall between March 29 and 31. During the promotion Visa accountholders were able to participate in Visa’s football inspired activities giving them chance to win some great prizes and have their pictures taken with the 2014 FIFA World Cup Winners Trophy.
The unique initiative to showcase soccer’s biggest prize was one of several events being hosted by Visa to promote the company’s passion for sport within the GCC.
This activation is the start of Visa’s 2014 Fifa World Cup marketing program that will culminate in Visa offering its cardholders the chance to win trips to attend the big matches in person in Brazil.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released