Yanni to perform in Bahrain tonight
Manama, April 2, 2013
Legendary composer Yanni will perform his sold-out concert at the Bahrain National Theatre tonight.
He will be accompanied on stage by his orchestra, which features 15 top musicians from around the world, forming an orchestral "United Nations" - as he likes to call it - that brings people together through the shared language of music, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
In his performance, he will play some of his best-known classics, as well as selections from his 2011 studio album, Truth of Touch.
The concert is part of Yanni's 'World Without Borders' tour, and is among the flagship events of the Culture Ministry's eighth Spring of Culture programme and year-long Manama Capital of Arab Tourism 2013 programme.
Yanni's unique contemporary symphonic music is drawn from various influences and has earned him legions of fans across the globe. He first rose to fame in 1990 with his first platinum album Reflections of Passion, followed by two Grammy-nominated albums, Dare to Dream and In My Time.
In 1993, he was catapulted into global superstardom with Yanni Live at the Acropolis. The live performance was broadcast to more than half a billion people in 65 countries, and firmly established his legacy as a truly global artist.
To date, Yanni has sold more than 35 million albums worldwide, and held concerts at some of the world's most famous landmarks in front of hundreds of millions of people. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award