Facebook, Twitter update for BlackBerry 10
Manama, April 4, 2013
Updated versions of Facebook and Twitter have been released for BlackBerry 10 smartphones. The enhanced apps are available as free downloads on the BlackBerry World storefront.
Facebook version 10.0.1 new features
• Friends Nearby – Facebook 10.0.1 allows you to discover if your Facebook friends are nearby. You’ll be able to see when they’ve checked in on Facebook to a location that’s close to where you are.
• Photo Updates – There are new ways of interacting with your Facebook photos. With Facebook 10.0.1, you can now add photo tags to a photo you’re uploading within the Facebook application. Plus if you like that photo or funny picture your friend just shared on Facebook, you now have the ability save Facebook photos locally on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
• Events – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it even easier to plan and keep track of your events. You can now view and respond to events, invite your friends to attend, create and view posts on the event wall, post photos, and even tag guests.
• Sharing – Facebook 10.0.1 makes it easier than ever to share what matters to you with all of your contacts. Using the BlackBerry 10 share framework, you can now easily share links from your Facebook newsfeed to BBM™, email, SMS, Facebook Twitter, LinkedIn, and others.
Twitter version 10.0.2 new features
• Your Connect Tab – Twitter 10.0.2 allows you to view all interactions in one place, including new follows, favourites and mentions.
• Enjoy More Content – Take a look at photos, article summaries and other updates within your Tweets.
• Added Perspective – The latest Twitter version allows you to see the number of times a Tweet has been favorited.
- TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history