Pepsi launches global campaign with Beyonce
Kuwait, April 8, 2013
Pepsi has launched a new global advertising campaign with Beyonce in a creative collaboration with the American singer and actress.
The campaign debuted in a special digital premiere on youtube.com/pepsi, followed by airings in more than 70 countries worldwide. The spot, which will be seen by more than a billion people, also features “Grown Woman,” a new track from Beyonce.
The global partnership is the next iteration of Pepsi’s “Live for Now” brand spirit. It is also the current cornerstone of Pepsi’s breakthrough, global music strategy which supports emerging, rising and iconic stars alike by providing them with truly global reach, promotional support and innovative resources, such as “The Pepsi Opening Act” platform, and offers unique music and experiences.
The spot entitled “Mirrors”, one of the first creative collaboration elements of the partnership, sees Beyonce’s most iconic personalities from her past – including, “Sasha Fierce” and “Crazy in Love” – go head-to-head in a dance-off in a mirrored studio.
As it progresses, Beyonce recreates her most memorable moves before being inspired to create a fresh, never-before-seen routine.
“I had so much fun collaborating on this campaign with Pepsi. I got to re-live some of my favorite past characters and looks. It was the first time I saw those costumes in years and it was very emotional,” said Beyonce. “I’m proud of those moments and they all connect in some way and have helped me evolve into who I am today.”
Beyonce and Pepsi enjoy a long-standing relationship that goes back more than a decade and includes groundbreaking, international campaigns in which she starred alongside Jennifer Lopez, David Beckham, P!nk and Britney Spears.
“There isn’t an artist that embodies what it means to ‘Live for Now’ more than Beyonce. She is a true trendsetter and is at the epicenter of pop culture today, and we couldn’t have asked for a better creative partner to bring our shared visions to life,” said Brad Jakeman, president, Pepsi Global Beverages Group.
“While this advertising is the first phase of our wide-ranging collaboration, we are also co-developing ways to engage fans around the upcoming ‘The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour’, and incubating a lot of other cool creative content together to entertain our fans, create indelible moments and continue to shape pop culture,” he added.
“Mirrors” was shot in New Jersey, directed by Jake Nava who has collaborated with Beyonce on numerous projects. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat