Batelco backs welfare centre in Bahrain
Manama, April 8, 2013
Batelco, a leading telecom services provider in Bahrain, as part of its corporate social responsibility programme, has presented a cheque for BD10,000 ($26,000) to a welfare centre for the elderly.
Batelco Group CE Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa presented the cheque to Muharraq Social Welfare Centre chairman Waleed Abdulla Al-Zamil during a recent meeting held at Batelco’s Headquarters in Hamala.
Muharraq Social Welfare Centre provides a range of services and activities that benefit the elderly of Muharraq, including health care initiatives, entertainment and social programmes.
“Our parents and grandparents have built the nation we have today; we at Batelco are very aware of this and accordingly donate significantly on an annual basis to causes that look after the needs of the elderly,” said Shaikh Mohamed.
Al Zamil expressed his thanks to Batelco on behalf of the Centre for the Company’s generosity.
“The funds provided by the Kingdom’s leading telecom Batelco will greatly enhance the range of services and activities we can provide for the elderly of the area,” he said.
“As one of the Kingdom’s leading organisations, Batelco is committed to reaching out to all residents of the community and lending a helping hand to those who need it most,” added Shaikh Mohamed. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps