Al Habtoor augments Dubai’s Expo 2020 bid
Dubai, April 10, 2013
UAE-based conglomerate Al Habtoor Group has reinforced its commitment to support Dubai’s bid to host the World Expo 2020.
Under the direction of the chairman, Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor, all employees across the Al Habtoor Group units will wear a branded badge featuring the Al Habtoor Group logo alongside the Expo 2020 logo.
“It is imperative that we get the message across to as many people as possible that Dubai is a serious contender for the World Expo. The Al Habtoor Group is 100 per cent behind the bid. I am wearing my badge with pride. I want all our employees to be proud of our city,” said Al Habtoor.
He said that the theme of Dubai’s bid to host the global event “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future” goes hand in hand with the Al Habtoor Group’s philosophy “As a Group we are creating the future of the UAE”.
“I can’t think of a better city to host an event of this scale. The UAE has two of the world’s best airlines, the best hotels and the best infrastructure – and we are always building on this under the direction of our leaders,” Al Habtoor added.
If Dubai secures the bid, it would mark the first time a World Expo has been held in the Middle East. The World Expo – held every five years, brings together millions of visitors along with companies, inventors and entrepreneurs under one roof for a six month period.
The next World Expo takes place in Milan in 2015. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Bahrainis set to create floral design record
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra