Abu Dhabi to mount racing simulator at ATM
Abu Dhabi, April 21, 2013
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) will mount a motor racing simulator at the tourism event Arabian Travel Market (ATM) offering the winner of the fastest lap free tickets to November’s F1 event.
ATM is running from May 6 to 9 at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre.
“At the show we want to get the message across that there is so much more to Abu Dhabi and its Grand Prix programme this year,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, director Promotions & Overseas Offices, TCA Abu Dhabi.
“The challenge winners will go to an event that features an expanded entertainment programme and a greater number of ticket categories that start at just Dh365 ($100) per person.”
Among the new Abu Dhabi Grand Prix categories are family ticket packages, a Friday Brunch Ticket, an Abu Dhabi Hill General Admission Ticket, as well as exclusive options including the Yas Trackside Terrace and the Yas Marina Tower.
Visitors and residents can also buy a Yas Pass, which extends the fun of the F1 weekend to include access to neighbouring Yas Waterworld and Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. Fans can also take advantage of a 20 per cent early bird discount on selected tickets until May 31.
“The challenge will activate a vibrant Abu Dhabi promotion at this year’s Arabian Travel Market and put the Grand Prix in both the trade and consumer spotlight,” added Al Nuaimi.
A range of all-inclusive flight, hotel and Grand Prix race weekend packages for regional and international fans are available from key destinations in Etihad Airways’ growing international network.
Support races confirmed for the race weekend include the GP2 and GP3 Series, as well as the Porsche Supercup. In addition to the thrilling motorsport action on-track, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ticket holders enjoy exclusive access to an inclusive and interactive entertainment programme in the Oasis areas behind the Yas Marina Circuit grandstands.
Also exclusive to ticket holders are the Yasalam After-Race concerts. The Yasalam festival runs for a month before the race weekend, and features free concerts, film nights and community events taking place across Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will run from November 1 to 3 at Yas Marina Circuit. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal