Alwaleed makes it to 'Top 500 powerful' list
Riyadh, May 5, 2013
Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, the chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), has been ranked among the “500 most powerful individuals on the planet” by Foreign Policy Magazine.
Prince Alwaleed is known for his precision for exploring new and potential business opportunities and ventures in synchronization with the direction and fluctuations of the economic climate, said Foreign Policy Magazine in its report.
Consequently, KHC was listed on Tadawul in 2007 and Prince Alwaleed who owns 95 per cent of the company has been involved in the creation of a diversified long term investment portfolio of strategic stakes in well-known companies locally and around the world, in multiple sectors covering real estate, media, banking and hotels, to name a few, it added.
Prince Alwaleed’s recognitions span over a decade and the most recent include being ranked number one in Arabian Business Magazine's 100 Saudi Power List.
He also made it to the list of Gulf’s 25 Most Powerful CEOs in 2010, was ranked number one in Arabian Business Magazine's 2011 & 2010 Power 100 list of the World’s Most Influential Arabs, and number one in Middle East’s Magazine’s 2009 list of the World’s 50 Most Influential Arabs among other titles.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Alwaleed |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps