Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain
Manama, May 20, 2013
Hackers targeted the website of a radio station in Bahrain yesterday (May 19) leaving a message criticising the station's web security, a report said.
Your FM's homepage (yourfm.bh) was hacked at about 11am by a group calling itself Indian Cyber Ninja, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The hackers even left an e-mail address for company officials to contact for further information while the station was advised to invest more in Web security.
"Spend some money in security auditing," it said. "Please don't encourage your listeners to use Facebook."
Your FM broadcasts round the clock, predominantly in Hindi, but also has a four-hour slot for South Indian listeners.
Your FM creative director Aditya Parwatkar said its technical team was working on "reviving" the homepage as quickly as possible.
He added the station's Facebook page had become popular, logging close to 15,000 likes.
"The website had also been attracting a lot of hits," he said. However, he added he did not know who was behind the prank.
"I guess when we go to another level, these things can happen," he said, referring to the station's growing popularity.
The station was launched on June 1 last year and is owned by the Talent Education Consultancy Company. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand