Entries sought for e-content awards
, May 27, 2013
Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) of the UAE has invited entities in the country to submit their entries for the World Summit Award (WSA) 2013, an award for e-content that contributes to a true knowledge society.
The entries should be submitted by June 23. The contest is composed of eight core categories and projects can be submitted in any of them.
After the national pre-selection period, a jury of eminent experts will come together in Tallinn, Estonia to evaluate the submissions and select the 40 best entries from among hundreds of national nominations.
The 40 WSA winners will get the opportunity to present their entries at the WSA World Congress Meeting in Sri Lanka, which is to be held on October 24 and 25.
The event will offer a platform for high level experts, industry leaders and government representatives to discuss innovation in mobile content. At the event, an on site jury will select eight overall winners who will be the WSA Global Champions 2013.
“In a world which enjoys a level of connectivity unparalleled to any time in history, the importance of products and services that contain quality e-content is immeasurable. We have a great culture of innovative product design here in the UAE and this event provides the opportunity for the nation to showcase its locally produced digital content on a global scale," said Mohammed Nasser Al Ghanim, director general, TRA. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal