Alwaleed's net worth soars to $26.9bn
Dubai, June 4, 2013
Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, the chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), who was ranked number one in the Arabic and English issue of Arabian Business Magazine’s 50 Richest Arabs List last year, is now worth $26.9 billion.
In the magazine's top 50 Rich Arabs List, Alwaleed's total net worth was put at $25.9 billion.
However, according to the latest poll conducted by Bloomberg as of June 3, 2013, Alwaleed’s wealth is worth $26.9 billion.
He is known for his precision for exploring new and potential business opportunities and ventures in synchronization with the direction and fluctuations of the economic climate, said a statement from KHC.
Consequently, KHC was listed on Tadawul in 2007 and Alwaleed, who owns 95 per cent of the company has been involved in the creation of a diversified long term investment portfolio of strategic stakes in well-known companies locally and around the world, in multiple sectors covering real estate, media, banking and hotels, to name a few, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand