Etihad contact centre wins top Mideast award
Abu Dhabi, June 12, 2013
UAE national airline Etihad Airways’ Al Ain Contact Centre received the award for “Best Facilities” at the recent INSIGHTS Middle East Call Centre Awards in Dubai.
This is the second consecutive year the contact centre has received the honour.
Peter Baumgartner, the airline’s chief commercial officer, said: “Once again, our Al Ain Contact Centre has proven to be an exceptional facility and we are extremely proud of this team’s accomplishments. As a result of a comprehensive performance management framework and a dynamic training strategy, the contact centre continues to meet and exceed its targets and service levels, proving once again the remarkable talent of our Emirati workforce.”
Etihad Airways’ Al Ain Contact Centre was established in March 2011 as part of the airline’s Emiratisation Program. Recognising the need to create job opportunities for the women of Al Ain, the airline elected to open a contact centre there, creating an environment where national women could develop their careers while sustaining a balance between home and work.
Today, the centre is fully staffed by 200 Emirati women, including four quality management executives, 13 team leaders and two performance managers, Baumgartner highlighted.
“Having national employees at strategic customer touch points across the organisation is one of the best ways for Etihad Airways to present its unique brand proposition to the world,” Baumgartner said. “We remain committed to supporting and developing Emirati talent in our contact centres and across every department and division of the airline.”
The Al Ain Contact Centre is open 12 hours a day, seven days a week, handling over 800,000 calls per year in state-of-the-art purpose built premises on the campus of Abu Dhabi University.
Etihad Airways has three other contact centres located in Abu Dhabi, Mumbai and Manchester. In 2012, the four contact centres handled approximately 2.6 million calls, assisting guests in 36 markets, serving 15 languages. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections