Rak Bank wins award for top TV campaign
Ras Al Khaimah, June 24, 2013
National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah (Rak Bank) said it has won Gold Summit Creative Award (SCA), at a ceremony held recently in the US, for its Amal Launch Television campaign.
Rak Bank’s campaign was chosen from 5000 submissions worldwide, judged on strength of concept, quality of execution, and ability to persuade.
Amal, the bank’s Islamic Banking division was introduced earlier this year, Rak Bank had launched a campaign with its advertising agency, Promoseven 360, to promote the Amal division featuring animated eggs, said a statement from the bank.
Dressed in multicultural attire to reflect the UAE’s diverse expatriate and national community, the eggs symbolise the birth of new hope for residents, which is what AMAL aims to bring to the local Islamic Banking industry through the bank’s services, it said.
“Rak Bank has cemented its distinct reputation in banking by choosing to steer clear of the solemn approach to marketing that has been traditionally adopted by most banks,” said Banali Malhotr, the head of marketing.
“Over the years, the bank has successfully carved out a niche for itself in a crowded banking industry through a bold and light hearted approach in its advertising and by demonstrating a true understanding of the customer,” he stated.
Rak Bank’s marketing strategy relies strongly on humour, visuals and bold messages , that aim to be provocative, cheeky, entertaining and relevant to the current issues that matter to the customer, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens