Tamkeen inks deal to boost Bahraini media talent
Manama, June 24, 2013
Tamkeen, Bahrain’s labour fund, has signed a two-year agreement with twofour54, the commercial arm of the Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi, towards offering training in public relations and graphics to 100 Bahrainis.
The signing ceremony, which took place in the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Bahrain, was attended by Tamkeen’s chief executive, Mahmood Hashem Al Kooheji, and twofour54’s CEO, Noura Al Kaabi.
Under the agreement, training courses in public relations & communications and graphic design, developed and executed by twofour54 tadreeb, the training academy of twofour54, will be rolled out over the next two years, with future plans to offer further advanced media courses.
“This partnership with twofour54 tadreeb is an exciting step as part of Tamkeen’s mandate to enable Bahrainis to achieve their potential,” said Al Kooheji.
“We are certain that the high-level courses offered by twofour54 tadreeb will be pivotal in developing Bahrain’s promising media talents according to labour market needs, and ultimately support the sustainable growth of the country’s media sector and national economy at large.”
Prospective students will benefit from twofour54 tadreeb’s tailored courses, delivered by highly qualified bilingual instructors who have worked in some of the most respected media organisations in the world.
The duration of the public relations & communications course will be six weeks, while graphic design will be six months. Upon completion of the course, the graduates will have gained the knowledge and skills necessary to take back to the workplace, and drive the communications requirements of their industries.
Al Kaabi said: “Twofour54 is committed to the growth of the media industry across the Mena region. This training agreement with Tamkeen is a major milestone for twofour54 as it marks a significant step towards achieving our goals of being the region’s leading developer of a sustainable media and entertainment industry.”
“We are proud of this partnership with Tamkeen aimed at providing young Bahrainis with the training needed to secure employment in the media industry.
“The training solutions that Tamkeen and twofour54 tadreeb are developing and delivering through this agreement will be an effective industry-building tool that will hopefully serve as an excellent model for other GCC countries to follow in pursuit.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal