Dubai to host social media summit
Dubai, June 30, 2013
A social media platform specifically geared for governments in the region to stay at the forefront of the social revolution is set to take place in Dubai, starting on September 2.
The two-day GCC Government Social Media Summit will be preceded by an introductory masterclass on September 1, at the Ritz-Carlton.
The summit aims to empower governments in the region with cutting edge ideas, success stories, the latest innovations and research, said a statement.
GCC government delegates will gain insights on the latest social media trends and best practices from experts in the industry including Facebook, leading academics, media organisations, international government entities, it said.
Governments are particularly eager to build online bridges considering that in just two years, the region’s Facebook users have tripled and Twitter users are contributing a staggering 5.8 million tweets per day, a rate of 4,000 tweets a minute, it said.
The most popular hashtags have been those featuring ‘Syria’ and the influence of the region’s Twitter users has seen Arabic surge in popularity, it added.
The conference speakers at the summit will include Adam Fetcher, who steered the ‘Obama for America’ campaign as the deputy national press-secretary and Elizabeth Linder, Facebook’s politics and government specialist, who will give a ‘behind-the-scenes’ look at how the company interacts with governments. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film