Nawras wins double at Cannes Lions Awards
Muscat, June 30, 2013
Nawras, an Ooredoo company and a top telecom operator in Muscat, recently two major awards at the at the 2013 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity for its Wi-Fi promotion campaign at a mall in Muscat.
Nawras and the company’s advertising agency, Leo Burnett Dubai, picked up the Bronze Lion Awards at the event in France for ‘Best Use of Digital Media’ and ‘Commercial Public Services’ categories.
“It is a great honour to be recognised for our service out of so many great entries on this global stage of creative excellence,” said Omar Nazih Azar, Nawras head of Branding & Campaigns.
“We are excited to be the first company in Oman to pick up not only one, but two awards at Cannes Lions. We partnered with Leo Burnett to show the ease with which customers can access free Wi-Fi by using Nawras and how every Nawras product is designed to provide a rewarding customer experience.”
“These awards highlight the hours of creativity and artistry that goes into every aspect of our communications. We partner with leading creative agencies around the world to showcase our range of dynamic services and to communicate effectively and with a sense of fun.
“The independent judges recognised our breakthrough idea that captivated our pleasingly different style and stood out among the hundreds of entries from around the world,” he added.
Now in their 60th year, the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity attracted a record 35,765 entries from 92 countries. The awards bring together the largest gathering of worldwide advertising professionals, designers, digital innovators and marketers.
Nawras and Leo Burnett were recognised for promoting a pleasingly different service unique to Nawras that illustrates the company’s innovative approach to the customer experience.
The creative Wi-Fi communication was previously honoured at the 2013 Dubai Lynx Awards, picking up the Silver Lynx award for Use of Digital Media and Bronze Lynx award for Consumer Services, as well as being nominated in eight further categories. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat