Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor
Al Habtoor backs Egypt fund with donation
Dubai, July 9, 2013
Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor, president and CEO of UAE-based Al Habtoor trading Enterprises, has donated EGP10 million ($1.41 million) to the newly-created Support Egypt fund.
The fund was recently set up by Egyptian businessmen and has the backing of the Central Bank of Egypt.
“I urge all GCC citizens to support their brothers and sisters in Egypt. It is our duty to support this fund and help Egypt get back on its feet. I urge everyone to dig deep into their pockets and support the Egyptian economy,” Al Habtoor said.
“As we enter the holy month of Ramadan I pray for stability and prosperity in Egypt,” he added.
The Support Egypt fund is the latest in a series of initiatives to help the faltering Egyptian economy since the 2011 revolution. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo