Etisalat drive to clothe needy children
Abu Dhabi, July 14, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator Etisalat is set to donate Dh3 million ($816,571) to provide clothing to 75,000 needy children around the world.
The initiative is part of its support to the Ramadan campaign launched by UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum to dress one million needy children.
Etisalat has allocated 50 million SMSs to support the donation campaign. The initiative will receive further support by sending SMSs to subscribers spreading awareness and encouraging them to donate, said a statement.
The campaign will continue until the 19th day of Ramadan (July 28) which falls on the ‘Emirati humanitarian work day’ and marks the 9th anniversary of the death of late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, it said.
Contributions can be made by sending ‘dress’ via SMS to 7040 donating Dh40 to dress one child, to 7160 contributing Dh160 to dress four children, to 7240 donating Dh240 to dress six children and to 7400 contributing Dh400 to dress 10 children, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Bahrainis set to create floral design record
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra