Batelco names SMS Challenge winner
Manama, August 7, 2013
Batelco, a major telecom operator in Bahrain, has announced the winner of the Grand Prize of $50,000 in its SMS Challenge.
Bahraini Abdulrahman Abdulla A Rahman Yadkar was announced as the lucky winner of the Grand Prize following the conclusion of the 2013 challenge.
Yadkar stated that he couldn’t believe it was true when he received the call from Batelco to say he had won the Grand Prize.
“It took a while for the great news to sink in, I was so amazed to have won that I just couldn’t believe it. It’s the biggest prize by far that I have ever won and I am really delighted,” he said.
“Winning $50,000 is a real bonus for me and I’m currently making a list to see how I will enjoy using it. I’m very happy that I participated in the Batelco challenge and look forward to the next one.”
The total prize fund allocated for Batelco’s 2013 SMS Challenge was $162,000 which included 64 daily winners of $500 cash prizes, 11 weekly winners of $2,500 cash prizes and a weekly prize of $2,500 to the participant with the highest number of accumulated points. An extra mid-competition grand prize of $25,000 was awarded at the end of Week 7. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal