AlResalah channel GM sacked
Riyadh, August 18, 2013
AlResalah, a religious television channel, has sacked its general manager, Dr Tariq AlSwaidan, from his position.
Dr AlSwaidan’s removal from office is based on the revelation that he is affiliated to the Muslim Brotherhood and promoting its ideology, said a statement from Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, chairman and owner of AlResalah channel.
Prince Alwaleed said: “There is no place for those who carry any deviant thoughts at Al Resalah Channel. The channel targets families to watch educational programs that cover diverse aspects of social, developmental and religious programs in a balanced way.”
He added: “The message carried by AlResalah channel contributes to the positive impact on the thought of the Islamic and Arab audiences and the preservation of youth away from extremism.”
Dr AlSwaidan is renowned Kuwaiti preacher and motivational speaker. He has more than 1.9 million Twitter followers and is known across the Arab world for his lectures on self-improvement from an Islamic perspective.
He had identified himself as "one of the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood" during a lecture in Yemen.
Dr AlSwaidan responded on Twitter: "Only the weak worry about earning a living, and no one abandons his principles but he who cares about earthly matters." - – TradeArabia News Service and Reuters
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter backtracks on block feature over protests
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema