Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmed Al Qassimi
SMC allots $36,000 for media awards
Sharjah, August 18, 2013
Sharjah Media Centre (SMC) has announced that there will be financial rewards totaling $36,000 assigned to the Sharjah Government Communication Award categories.
The amount will be divided over six of the eleven categories, in order to acknowledge and honor the outstanding achievements of individuals and institutions in the media and communication field.
Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmed Al Qassimi, chairman of SMC, said that the award aims to promote best practices in the field of government communication in the UAE and GCC.
He encouraged both the private and public media and communications entities to take part in the award which will continue receiving submissions until September 15.
The Sharjah Government Communication Award is divided into two main categories.
The selected categories are where winners are selected by SMC and the judging panel, by virtue of their contributions to the development of media and communication in the GCC area, whereas the winners in the nominated categories are picked after the works are evaluated by the judging panel according to certain criteria.
Six of the nine nominated categories award their winners with the following: Best Radio Talk Show Award and Best Topical TV Program Award, both welcoming participants from all over the UAE, present the financial prize of $8,000 each.
The Best Investigative Report Award, open for submissions from all over the UAE, and the Best Official Spokesperson Award, for applicants from Sharjah, each offer a reward of $6,000.
The Young Media Person Award, available for applicants from Sharjah, and the Best Journalistic Photo Award, for all UAE-based applicants, each award their winners with $4,000. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps
- Many digital services in region ‘under-served’