Amman festival to feature Julio Iglesias
Amman, August 21, 2013
The Amman Citadel Festival 2013, a top cultural festival featuring Jordanian and international artists, will see top Spanish singer and songwriter Julio Iglesias taking the stage in a live concert on August 22.
The festival, organised by Friends of Jordan Festivals (FJF), will continue until September 10 at the Citadel in Jabal Al Qala’a.
“I am so happy to perform at one of Jordan’s most prestigious archaeological sites, the Amman Citadel, and I can´t wait to meet the Jordanian audience. See you, my friends, on August 22,” commented Iglesias.
With over 300 million album copies sold worldwide, Julio Iglesias is ranked as one of the top-five best-selling artists of all time. Over the course of 45 years in the music business, he received hundreds of globally-acclaimed awards and accolades, and performed in front of more than 60 million fans at 5,000 concerts in 600 cities across the world.
The festival seeks to emphasize Jordan’s rich heritage and history, and highlights Jordan as a regional cultural hub and an international tourism destination. The festival is sponsored and supported by several media entities and private sector organizations that seek to promote arts and culture in Jordan. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps