Amman festival to feature Julio Iglesias
Amman, August 21, 2013
The Amman Citadel Festival 2013, a top cultural festival featuring Jordanian and international artists, will see top Spanish singer and songwriter Julio Iglesias taking the stage in a live concert on August 22.
The festival, organised by Friends of Jordan Festivals (FJF), will continue until September 10 at the Citadel in Jabal Al Qala’a.
“I am so happy to perform at one of Jordan’s most prestigious archaeological sites, the Amman Citadel, and I can´t wait to meet the Jordanian audience. See you, my friends, on August 22,” commented Iglesias.
With over 300 million album copies sold worldwide, Julio Iglesias is ranked as one of the top-five best-selling artists of all time. Over the course of 45 years in the music business, he received hundreds of globally-acclaimed awards and accolades, and performed in front of more than 60 million fans at 5,000 concerts in 600 cities across the world.
The festival seeks to emphasize Jordan’s rich heritage and history, and highlights Jordan as a regional cultural hub and an international tourism destination. The festival is sponsored and supported by several media entities and private sector organizations that seek to promote arts and culture in Jordan. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand