Star FM to take part in Swiss radio festival
Abu Dhabi, August 22, 2013
Star FM, an Abu Dhabi-based radio channel, is set to participate in the International Radio Festival to be held in Switzerland from September 4 to 8.
The station will broadcast its daily morning programme ‘Sabaho’ live from the festival, making it the first Arab station to participate and broadcast in Arabic.
Presented by Rania Younis and Hassan Al Sheikh, ‘Sabaho’ will broadcast live from 7am to 12pm on September 5, and 6pm to 8pm on September 6 and 7 during the festival, with Rania in Switzerland and Hassan in UAE.
Abdul Rahman Al Harthi, executive director of Abu Dhabi Radio Network, said: “Our participation in the festival allows us the opportunity to highlight the progress that Arab media has accomplished, particularly in the UAE.”
“This will play a role in connecting Abu Dhabi to the world and will contribute to the vast social and economic development taking place in the UAE,” added Al Harthi.
The ‘Sabaho’ crew will also visit the country’s main landmarks and live coverages during the tour have been arranged.
Star FM is part of Abu Dhabi Radio Network, owned by Abu Dhabi Media. It targets multilingual listeners and Arab residents in the UAE between the ages of 15 and 35, who enjoy western and Arabic music.
The annual festival hosts 26 international radio stations from several countries, including Australia, China, Germany, India, Russia, Switzerland, UK and US. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider