'Arab Idol' Assaf performs in Bahrain
Manama, September 2, 2013
The Arab world's latest singing sensation, Mohammed Assaf, performed to a sold-out concert yesterday (September 1) at the 2013 Bahrain Summer Festival.
The event was held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre, said the Gulf Daily News.
Palestinian singer Assaf, who hails from Gaza, shot to superstardom after winning the talent show Arab Idol broadcast on MBC.
He performed a medley of songs - from classics by Abdulhalim Hafiz and Umm Kulthoom to contemporary pop songs, as well as songs from traditional Palestinian folklore.
The festival line-up continues today with Barney returning to Bahrain for his latest adventure.
Barney Let's go! Live on Stage! will be staged at the BIECC till September 6. There will be two shows every day (10am and 6pm) and tickets are being sold at Virgin Megastores.
Organised by the Culture Ministry from August 18 to September 9 under the slogan 'A Journey of Joy', the popular annual festival coincides with the celebration of Manama named Capital of Arab Tourism. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter backtracks on block feature over protests
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema