OSN revamps on-air brand identity
Dubai, September 2, 2013
OSN, a leading pay-TV network in the Mena region, has refreshed its on-air brand identity by integrating customer engagement via social media with the TV viewing experience.
The new brand approach is also reflected in OSN’s logo, which is now brighter and crisper, reflecting the network’s strength and leadership in high definition TV, said a statement from the Dubai-listed company.
Now live, the modern and unifying on-air brand identity creates more synergy between the OSN brand, its channels, genres and services at the same time reinforcing and highlighting OSN’s key differentiators – content, technology and world-class customer service.
The network has set the standard for regional broadcasting with the breadth and depth of its premium content and has delivered an impressive array of innovative firsts to enhance the viewer experience, including the introduction of High Definition (HD) and 3D television, On-Demand and PVR (Personal Video Recording) technology.
The new on-air look marks another significant first for the region’s broadcast industry integrating customer engagement via social media with the TV viewing experience, said a senior official.
“Our objective was to create an emotional connection with our viewers and move the customer conversation from an online environment to a richer on-air experience,” remarked David Butorac, the chief executive of OSN.
“The advent of social media has changed the way people consume entertainment. We recognize that viewers want to be more involved and be part of the conversation. They want to be heard and seen. We therefore developed a strategy that weaves social media and OSN’s added value benefits into our on-air communication – a first for the region’s broadcast sector,” he added.
Bethany Bunnell, the creative marketing director, said: "We know that our brand is a key source of differentiation that guides our customers’ purchase decisions. Our brand refresh is designed to ensure that our brand promise and values come through in everything we do from programming and technology to the customer experience."
As part of the on-air revamp, OSN has also aligned its genre colours for movies, sports, series, Arabic and news. New packaging has been developed for OSN’s box office series making the customer experience richer underlining OSN’s position as a premium entertainment provider, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim plans cinema expansion
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends