Damac backs global drive for needy children
Dubai, September 4, 2013
Damac Properties, a leading luxury property developer, recently donated Dh2 million ($544,000) to a campaign aimed at clothing a million deprived children around the world.
The Ramadan initiative ‘Dress One Million Needy Children’ was launched by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
Hussain Sajwani, owner and chairman of Damac Properties, the made the contribution as part of the company’s continued support of the Dubai government's efforts to improve the standard of living around the world.
Damac Properties’ donation will provide clothing and warmth for more than 50,000 children in need.
"The young are the future of society and it is crucially important to provide the right environment to give them the very best possible start in life," said Sajwani. "Damac Properties has always supported the altruistic efforts of Sheikh Mohammed to improve the lives of others, particularly during Ramadan."
The clothing campaign was launched in collaboration with the Emirates Red Crescent, a humanitarian organisation set up in 1983. The campaign raised a total of Dh120 million.
Damac Properties has completed 8,890 units to date spanning more than 9 million sq ft. It also has a further 19,136 units at various stages of progress across the Middle East. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award