Albas signs up for Bahrain Quiz show
Manama, September 11, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) has signed up as the silver sponsor for the 'Third Annual Tamkeen Business Quiz Show' being hosted by Bahrain's labour fund Tamkeen and FinMark Communications in November.
The event is aimed at fostering engagement between Bahrain’s business community and the public as well as to highlight the Kingdom's position as a leading financial and business hub in the region.
This year’s event will be launched in November and December in the run up to the National Day celebrations and will gather teams of participants from Bahrain’s leading companies and industry sectors.
The industries featured by the show are: Banking, Insurance, Telecommunications & Technology and Industrials – where Alba will feature as a participant.
The four industry quiz nights will be held on November 24 and 27 and December 1 and 4, where four teams from the same industry will compete.
The Grand Finale to be held on December 10 will see the four winning teams, representing their respective industries, fight for the top honours.
All shows will be interactive and held live at the Seef Mall, where members of the business community and public are encouraged to attend and take part through audience challenges.
Commenting on the initiative, Alba CEO Tim Murray said: “As one of the Kingdom’s largest companies and employers, we’re delighted to lend our support to the Tamkeen Business Quiz Show. In line with Alba’s ongoing efforts to support economic and social development and take part in community initiatives, we see this as an ideal opportunity."
"Not only does it allow us to showcase the skill and talent of our teams within Alba, it also serves as a great platform for showcasing the breadth and depth of human capital that exists in Bahrain across all sectors," he noted.
Zahraa Taher, the managing director of FinMark said: “We are delighted to welcome Alba as the silver sponsors of the show. Working together with Alba and other market leading companies, we expect this year’s event to be an even greater success and to continue to support awareness building about Tamkeen and the opportunities that exist within Bahrain’s growing private sector.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim plans cinema expansion
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends