Sharjah extends GCA deadline
Sharjah, September 15, 2013
Sharjah Media Centre has extended the application deadline for the Sharjah Government Communication Award (GCA) to October 1, in response to suggestions by potential applicants and media students in the emirate.
The award was established to support the achievements of those people and encourage their sense of creativity, to bring about a distinguished media and communication industry in the UAE and the region.
The GCA comprises 11 awards divided under two main divisions; the selected categories, which include two awards allocated for the GCC area, and the nominated categories, which comprise nine awards, four of which are dedicated for Sharjah and five allocated to the UAE as a whole.
Chairman Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmed Al Qasimi said that the extension of the participation period gives students ample opportunity to participate, especially with the conclusion of the summer vacation and the beginning of the new academic year.
The SMC has allocated $36,000 to the Sharjah Government Communication Award categories. The amount will be divided over six of the 11 categories, including Best Radio Talk Show Award and Best Topical TV Program Award, each of which presents the financial prize of $8,000.
GCA plans to announce the winners and honour them in an official ceremony to be held in the last quarter of 2013. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs