'Pearls in Arabian Gulf' opens in Moscow
Manama, September 18, 2013
Bahrain Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa launched an exhibition 'Pearls in the Arabian Gulf' at the All-Russian Museum of Decorative, Applied and Folk Arts in Moscow.
The expo is in line with Manama being named Capital of Arab Tourism 2013 and celebrates 'Leisure Tourism' and 'Intraregional Tourism', considered the first co-operation agreement between Bahrain and Russia.
During a Press conference, Shaikha Mai expressed her delight at such co-operation which represented an exchange of the nations' heritage. She also asserted that the agreement includes organising three exhibitions between Bahrain and Russia.
A second exhibition 'Modern Bahraini Art' was opened last night, promoting the human and historical aspects of art, and tells Bahrain's pearl diving history and the life of the sailors.
The exhibition also highlights the achievements of modern decorative and artistic movement in the kingdom.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Bahrainis set to create floral design record
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra