QNET partners with Dubai Rashid Centre
Dubai, September 21, 2013
QNET, a prominent Asian direct selling company, has signed a friendship agreement with Dubai
Rashid Centre whereby the company will support the centre in a variety of ways over the coming years.
To mark the formal signing of the agreement, Khaled Diab, the regional GM of QNET based in Dubai, presented a cheque for Dh100,000 ($27,221) to Sheikh Mohammed Bin Maktoum Bin Juma Al Maktoum, a board director of Rashid Centre and Mariam Othman, the founder and GM of the Rashid Centre, during the opening ceremony for company’s ReVcon conference, currently being held at the Hamdan Bin Rashid Sports Complex.
“Our involvement with Rashid Centre will extend beyond a one-off cash donation,” explained Diab.
“Last week, QNET launched its ‘Touching a Billion hearts Campaign’ around the world in collaboration with our charitable arm - RYTHM Foundation, which is dedicated to educating, inspiring and working with others to create a brighter future for those in need.
“In keeping with the objective of this global initiative, we are committing to support the children here in Dubai, in a diverse range of ways. We support a similar school for children with special needs in Malaysia and will be exploring options for cross-cultural exchanges in the future,” he stated.
According to Diab, QNET is also partnering with the centre to promote its best-selling Home Pure water purification units with a part of the proceeds from sales going to the centre.
“QNET has changed the lives of millions over the last decade and a half, and now, as we celebrate 15 highly successful years in business, we want to take our programme of giving back to the community to a new level,” said Diab.
“We are delighted to be able to forge this friendship with Rashid Centre enabling us to take an important step on or journey to touch a billion hearts around the world over the next two years," he added.
Around two thousand Independent Representatives of QNET’s network from the region are attending ReVcon where the Rashid Stars, the troupe of young performers from the Rashid Centre performed for the delegates during the opening ceremony.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: QNET |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE