Media awards deadline ends on Oct 1
Sharjah, September 29, 2013
Sharjah Media Centre (SMC) has announced that the screening committee is sorting the participations for the Government Communication Award (GCA) and eliminating those that do not comply with standards of the awards, as the deadline comes to a close on October 1.
The general criteria for assessing the participations include terms related to the selection of the subject, the effort exerted, the medium used, aesthetics and effects, research and information, the thrill element, technical excellence, intellectual creativity, structure and coherence as well as quality and suitability of language, said a statement.
The GCA’s website has been witnessing remarkable turnout by media professionals in the UAE’s government communication sector aspiring to participate in the various categories of the award, it said.
The GCA comprises 11 awards divided under two main divisions; the selected categories, which includes two awards allocated for the GCC area and awarded to winners chosen by the judging panel, and the nominated categories, awarded to nine contestants who apply and compete according to certain criteria.
Under the selected categories, the Media Personality Award is given to a creative and decision-making personality, from the GCC area, while the Leadership in Media Award, also focusing on the GCC region, is awarded to a pioneering media institution which contributed to the advancement of distinctive media achievements.
The nominated categories comprise nine awards, four of which are dedicated for Sharjah, which are the Best Practices in Government Communication Award, Young Media Person Award, Best Official Spokesperson Award and Best News Website Award.
The other five awards are allocated to the UAE as a whole; they include the Best Journalistic Photo Award, Best Social Media Site for Government Communication Award, Best Investigative Report Award, Best Radio Talk Show Award and Best Topical TV Program Award. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released