Al Ain Aerobatic Show to feature expert displays
Al Ain, October 3, 2013
Four elite military teams, seven daredevil pilots, wingwalkers, parachutists and a new-to-the-region aircraft line-up will join the Al Ain Aerobatic Show’s biggest onground family entertainment extravaganza.
The landmark 10th anniversary edition will take place from November 30 to December 2 to align with this year’s 42nd UAE National Day celebrations.
The show, which will be held at Al Ain International Airport, will pay tribute to the country’s rich culture and heritage with a series of UAE-themed aerial displays and static attractions, performances and activities.
Larger seating areas and an all-round upgrade of its video and audio offering will allow fans to get closer to the action, with specialised air-to-air cams and in-flight deck pilot feeds, adding a whole new viewing experience.
“This year’s event will be a total sensory upgrade, from bigger seating areas, more engaging activities, superior aerial displays, our most impressive aircraft line up yet, with so much more to come. We are confident that the Al Ain Aerobatic Show will be on everyone’s radar to attend,” explained Sultan Al Muhairi, general co-ordinator for Al Ain Aerobatic Show 2013.
Show organiser Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), which hosts the event in conjunction with the UAE Air Force, will give free show tickets to guest staying at any Al Ain hotel during National Day weekend in a move aimed at encouraging take-up of special ‘stay-and-watch’ holiday packages.
TCA Abu Dhabi is also looking at creating a holistic destination incentive programme for ticket holders, with great deals and offers across the city available.
“We are taking the show to new heights. We want the whole city to come alive and are launching a number of offerings to enhance the guest experience and encourage people to stay longer and do more around the city,” added Al Muhairi.
“We have themed this year’s event, Live Every Second. That’s what we want them to do, make it an experience that they won’t forget.”
A daily, seven-hour action packed aerial programme will keep all eyes glued to the skies above, while a massive 60,000 sq m interactive Spectator Zone will boast the show’s biggest onground activation, providing free, all day family fun for the tens of thousands of expected visitors.
A wide range of aircraft displays, interactive stands, runway demos, a new public food court, a dedicated kids zone, in addition to roving entertainers and performances on ground, will also be featured. The show’s many destinations partners such as Wadi Adventure, Al Ain Zoo and Al Ain Equestrian, Shooting & Golf Club will also be on-site to wow crowds with their offerings.
The full aerial line up will be announced late this month, and tickets for the event go on sale on October 20, through the show’s official ticketing partner, Ticketmaster (ticketmaster.ae). – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’