Dubai Mall to host top fashion event
Dubai, October 6, 2013
A high-profile fashion event that will bring together emerging and established designers, celebrities, and industry leaders will be held in Dubai this week.
Organised by leading property developer Emaar Properties and Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Mrs Franca Sozzani, Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience will organized at The Dubai Mall on October 10.
Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines, has partnered with Emaar on the event as the ‘Official Airline’.
Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience will also be marked by mall-wide sales across 250 participating outlets. The Grand Atrium of The Dubai Mall will host an exhibition featuring 50 Vogue covers that have earned a place in fashion history books.
The initiative’s holistic tribute to fashion will include an eco-sustainability showcase, highlighting the industry’s commitment to the environment, and a unique exhibition of iconic names including Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel, and Dior, among others. Visitors will also have the opportunity to experience the ‘super model experience’ by customising the cover of Vogue Italia with their own portrait shot by a professional photographer.
The participating stores will showcase merchandise for sale created especially for Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience, with part of the proceeds from the sale going towards Dubai Cares, which works to improve children’s access to quality primary education in developing countries.
Nasser Rafi, chief executive officer, Emaar Malls Group, said: “Emirates has played a pivotal role in establishing Dubai as a centre of tourism, retail, and hospitality. The airline’s unstinting support for Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience underlines the importance of strategic partnerships to further elevate the city’s presence on the global circuit. We are privileged to have Emirates on board, and delegates can enjoy the multi-award winning carrier’s support from the moment they leave their countries.”
Majid Al Mualla, senior vice president, Gulf and Middle East, Emirates, said: “We partner with initiatives that further define Dubai’s status as a global city and one of the fastest growing business and tourism hubs. Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience brings an unprecedented celebration of fashion to the city, and we are delighted to extend the famed Emirates airline welcome to the celebrities and guests attending the event.”
The inaugural Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience will feature the works of eight up-and-coming designers from the international and regional circuit. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal