Dubai firm inks MGM content deal
Dubai, October 7, 2013
Dubai-based ICFLIX, a leading streaming platform for Jazwood (Arabic content), Bollywood and Hollywood genres, has inked a deal with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) to become the first Internet streaming service in the region to provide films and television series from the studio on a subscription video on demand platform.
A leading entertainment company focused on the production and distribution of film and television content globally, MGM owns one of the world's deepest libraries of premium film and television content.
In addition, MGM has investments in domestic and international television channels.
The agreement between ICFLIX and MGM provides the platform's subscribers with US blockbusters such as Rocky, Rain Man, Fargo, Legally Blonde and The Man in the Iron Mask, as well as the animated series, The Pink Panther.
The MGM content, as well as the full ICFLIX library, can be accessed over a wide range of Internet connected devices including computers, smart phones, tablets, smart TVs and gaming consoles, said the Dubai-based company in a statement.
This agreement furthers the relationship with ICFLIX and MGM, which previously announced a deal to bring the hit show "Viking", the #1 new cable drama of the year, to subscribers in the region.
ICFLIX has offices in the US, Canada, Europe and Egypt, as well as the UAE.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps