Dubai firm inks MGM content deal
Dubai, October 7, 2013
Dubai-based ICFLIX, a leading streaming platform for Jazwood (Arabic content), Bollywood and Hollywood genres, has inked a deal with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) to become the first Internet streaming service in the region to provide films and television series from the studio on a subscription video on demand platform.
A leading entertainment company focused on the production and distribution of film and television content globally, MGM owns one of the world's deepest libraries of premium film and television content.
In addition, MGM has investments in domestic and international television channels.
The agreement between ICFLIX and MGM provides the platform's subscribers with US blockbusters such as Rocky, Rain Man, Fargo, Legally Blonde and The Man in the Iron Mask, as well as the animated series, The Pink Panther.
The MGM content, as well as the full ICFLIX library, can be accessed over a wide range of Internet connected devices including computers, smart phones, tablets, smart TVs and gaming consoles, said the Dubai-based company in a statement.
This agreement furthers the relationship with ICFLIX and MGM, which previously announced a deal to bring the hit show "Viking", the #1 new cable drama of the year, to subscribers in the region.
ICFLIX has offices in the US, Canada, Europe and Egypt, as well as the UAE.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut
- Yas Waterworld launches pearl diving show
- Nawras holds first Instagram expo in Oman