Sharp’s food mosaic breaks Guinness record
Dubai, October 30, 2013
A food mosaic created by Sharp Middle East and Africa won a new Guinness World Records title for the ‘Largest Packaged Food Mosaic.’
Measuring 24.7 m (81 ft.) in length and 38.6 m (126 ft.) in width, the mosaic consisted of 79,300 packs of food that were put together by 149 employees of the company, said a statement.
Following the completion of the record-breaking mosaic, all the food packages with the total value of Dh107,480 ($29,257) were donated by Sharp to the Emirates Red Crescent Society, as part of its CSR initiative called ‘Sharp Cares,’ it said.
“We’re very proud for breaking the Guinness World Records title for the ‘Largest packaged food mosaic’ and to make UAE a holder of a new record,” said Zahid Rahman, general manager, business operations.
Mohammed Abdullah Alhaj Al Zaroni, manager – Dubai branch, Emirates Red Crescent Society, said: “We are extremely grateful to Sharp for their donation as contributions of this scale is what makes a real difference to our ongoing efforts to help those in need within the UAE.”
The mosaic depicts an image that captures a number of difference aspects. Sharp’s 90-inch TV screen was used as a background and was overlaid with an artistic tree in the left corner, signifying the multi-cultural world we live in, and positive and negative ions emanate off the tree, representing the natural ios that Sharp’s latest Plasmacluster Ion (PCI) technology is able to recreate.
The record title was previously held in Hong Kong, China where a packaged food mosaic measuring 20.7 m (67 ft.) in length and 30.9 m (101 ft.) in width was created in 2009. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index