Engaging entrepreneurship week at QSTP
Doha, October 31, 2013
Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP) has unveiled two new events to engage and educate technology-focused entrepreneurs and enthusiasts during the Global Entrepreneurship Week in Qatar.
The Geocaching Challenge focuses on teamwork, problem-solving, creativity, risk and reward. It is an on-going, worldwide treasure hunt where people use GPS-enabled devices, such as smartphones, to find hidden ‘geocaches’ or containers and discover new places.
It will take place at the QSTP premises on November 15 and 16, where teams will jostle to locate caches stored around Doha and compete to find the final bonus cache on QSTP grounds.
Prizes will be awarded for cache finds. Friends, families, students, individuals and colleagues in Qatar are encouraged to form teams, register, and compete.
The Young Emerging Technology Innovators Speaker Session will bring young technology innovators, inventors, and entrepreneurs from developing economies and emerging markets to speak and share knowledge with their counterparts in Qatar.
It will take place at the Qatar National Convention Center on November 18. Speakers will discuss with local entrepreneurs the challenges technology innovators face in emerging markets when building their ideas into a successful venture.
QSTP managing director Hamad Al-Kuwari said: “A critical piece of infrastructure in Qatar’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and Qatar’s primary incubator for technology development, QSTP is committed to supporting technology-focused innovators by investing in new programs, creating intellectual property, and enhancing technology management skills.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released